Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Adventures

Well today I gave into the pressure and started a blog. I don't know how often I'll get to post but here I am.

I have a friend named Frank. He was a LazyBoy salesman. Every once in a while his boss would come down and ride with him for the day. Frank didn't like that one bit and so he thought of a scheme to end it once and for all. The boss always took the employee to lunch, so Frank went to lunch with him. That day Frank preceded to eat 5 of the most expensive lunches the restaurant had to offer. Then he ate 4 deserts and a total of 5 iced teas. The plan worked and the boss NEVER asked to ride with him again.
I'm in advertising and the owners of the company pretty much leave me alone to do what I do. But every once in a while the boss rides with me. So using Frank as an example I thought about what I could do to make him not ride with me again. I wasn't a big eater so I couldn't do that. And besides that my boss is a big eater and is about 100 pounds overweight.
One day the boss said," Jane next week lets take a ride up North together. You pick a nice strip mall, you take one side and I'll take the other and we'll see how we do. So the day before we were supposed to ride together . I went to the strip mall and canvassed the businesses. I did the entire left side of the mall and was lucky enough to get 4 new accounts. (getting 2 accounts from the entire mall would have been a good day).
The following day I met the boss at the office. We took a ride up North and I picked the strip mall. ( Yes the same one that unbeknowst to him I had been to the day before). I said, I'll take the left hand side, it has a craft store and a hairdresser in it...he says ok. It was a nice day so I plopped myself on a bench for a while. I got bored so I went to the Bagel shop and ate. Around 11AM I'm back on the bench and my boss spots me. He said, Taking a break already?" I said no, I've done my side, how much have you got done? He said,"About half of it. You couldn't possible be done. Did you make a sale? I said, I made 4 sales...Well he almost fell over. I said how many did you make...he says maybe one...a good prospect." Then he says, "Lets get some lunch," ( Remember I'd already been to the Bagely store) I said, Lunch? I dont' take lunch, that's how I make so many sales...Come on let's go to another mall. " To make a long story short...I didn't let him eat until 3PM...Poor guy...but he never rode with me again.!
Case Closed.
Jane

3 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

You are bad Jane, ba-ba-ba-baddddd to the bone! Welcome to blogworld.

Golden Granny said...

Jane, you are so funny. Cant wait for your visit to Beth and I in November. I know we will have so much fun. Three nuts together are bound to have fun .
Lottie

Golden Granny said...

Happy Birthday Girl!!!
Kick up those heels and have a good time on your birthday.
Lottie