Thursday, October 19, 2006

a poem that I wrote today

If you have read my list of 50 things that you may not know about me. You will know that my brothers, sisters, mother, father and best friend have all passed away.
In reference to this, the poem is about a place in my mind that I don't allow myself to visit very often.

Midnight Blue

Wandering in the midnight blue,
My unplanned thoughts return to you.
Heedlessly walking in the dead of the night,
My eyes behold a dreary sight.
Peering through the murky gloom,
I see your name upon the tomb.
I thrust my fists up in the sky,
Cursing the gods and asking why.
I'm all alone and thinking of you,
When I'm wandering in the midnight blue.

10 comments:

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

it breaks my heart.
xoxo

Janet said...

How sad. The poem is very touching.

MariaJ said...

It truly is. But remember you are not totally alone.
You have a nice blog. I have to come again!

Jungle Jane said...

Oh I'm not alone...I have my beautiful daugher and the joy of my life. We're best friends...and I give thanks every day for her!

Beth said...

It makes me think of the ones who have left me life too. And your lucky to have your wonderful daughter too. I love the pic of you both this summer. Just a month away and Jane will be here!!!
YAY!!!

Naturegirl said...

You held them in your arms but for a short time but hold them in your heart FOREVER.Midnight Blue a heartfelt tribute to them.

Giggles said...

Those are very hard moments to endure, when deep abounding grief permeates your soul, so devastating to dredge up. I too have lost my parents, and all my aunts, uncles and a dear friend of twenty years. I can't fathom losing my only brother too. Like you, I focus on the positive, my daughter who is also my best friend. I feel incredibly blessed to have her! Too much grief to bear at times........... for even a moment! Very heartfelt writing!

Cat said...

Your touching poem grabs me and makes my heart heavy. I was glad to see you and your daughter in your last post!
It is good you can express what lies deep thru poetry.

Mary Bee said...

Somehow I missed this post. This is a very emotive vision. Created with an obvious depth of feeling. Who Jane? I'm sorry you know . . . to write this.

Annie Jeffries said...

So painful Jane. I'm embracing you.